Crisis Response Operations Planners Professional Development Course - (NATO SELECTED; NATO ETOC Code: JPL-OP-31878)Date: (25-09-2017)
Duration: 5 days
The Crisis Management and Disaster Response Centre of Excellence (CMDR COE) organizes Crisis Response Operations Planners Course from 25 to 29 September 2017, which will take place at CMDR COE premises in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Acquisition of comprehensive knowledge related to Crisis Management in NATO, functioning of NATO Crisis Response System with emphasis on NATO Crisis Response Planning at operational level.
Military officers (OF-3 to OF-5) and/or civil equivalent assigned to NATO HQs and Agencies, NATO and Partner nations′ Ministry of Defence and subordinated HQs, Ministry of Interior, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs which are involved in the NATO crisis management domain and planning.
- perceive the nature of the crisis including natural and man-made disasters and the engagement space based on PMESII domain within the context of NATO′s contribution to a Comprehensive Approach (CA);
- identify key issues, factors and actors influencing the crisis; possible resolution with the relevant international stakeholders within the engagement space, according to the PME of NATO Crisis Management Process;
- apply key activities and deliverables during the operational orientation within the NATO Crisis Response Planning as defined by Comprehensive Operations Planning Directive (COPD).
Basic knowledge of ACO COPD
This 5-day course comprises of lectures, practical teamwork and student presentations, intended to exercise the attendees′ abilities to conduct crisis response planning in a given scenario. Improvement in the knowledge of the attendees will be defined by an open-book test.
NATO Unclassified Releasable to Partners.
English (high level of proficiency required).
The English level of the participants should meet the criteria stated in STANAG 6001-3333
Registration forms are welcomed no later than 11 August 2016, and preferably before then. The course will not take place with less than 10 participants. The maximum number of participants is 30. Applicants are advised to apply early in order to avoid disappointment.
The applicant will be notified no later than 18 August 2017 whether or not is admitted to the course. If admitted to the course, the student will receive a pre-course info indicating further details of the course.
100 euros (for all participants, excluding speakers, and those participants from CMDR COE sponsoring nations).
Other costs (travel, accommodation, meals) are at the expense of the attendees.
Cancellations will be accepted only until 4 weeks before the course begins. After this date we have to charge the course fee.
- MAJ Stoyan Stoyanov, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +359 2 92 24718
- Mr. Philip Spаssov, philip.spаssov@cmdrcoe.org, phone: +359 2 92 24737
Info Package is available here.