Strategic Decision Making for Crisis Response Operations Course - (NATO SELECTED; NATO ETOC Code: ETE-CM-41879)Date: (26-11-2018)
Duration: 5 days
The Crisis Management and Disaster Response Centre of Excellence (CMDR COE) will conduct Strategic Decision Making for Crisis Response Operations Course from 26 to 30 November 2018. The course will be held in English and the venue will be Shipka Hotel, Sofia, Bulgaria.
Acquisition of extensive knowledge related to NATO Crisis Management and the Alliance contribution to a Comprehensive Approach.
Military officers (OF-3 and higher) and/or civil equivalent assigned to NATO HQs and Agencies, NATO and Partner nations′ Ministry of Defence and subordinated HQs, Ministry of Interior, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs which are involved in the NATO crisis management planning and decision making.
- identify emerging crises at strategic level, including natural and man-made disasters, to support the development of a strategic assessment within the context of NATO′s contribution to a Comprehensive Approach (CA);
- assess key issues, factors, and actors influencing the crisis; possible resolution with the relevant international stakeholders within the engagement space, in order to advise decision makers during strategic assessment in accordance with NATO Crisis Response Planning;
- assist in SACEUR′s strategic military advice development, through drafting of strategic assessment, while applying the Comprehensive Operations Planning Directive (COPD).
NATO Crisis Management Fundamentals
This 5-day course comprises of lectures, practical teamwork and student presentations, intended to prepare students to contribute in complex crisis response planning and assist decision making issues in a given scenario. Improvement in the knowledge of the attendees will be defined by an open-book test.
NATO Unclassified Releasable to Partners
English (high level of proficiency required).
The English level of the participants should meet the criteria stated in STANAG 6001-3232.
Registration forms are welcomed no later than 12 October 2018, and preferably before then. The course will not take place with less than 10 participants. The maximum number of participants is 30. Applicants are advised to apply early in order to avoid disappointment.
The applicant will be notified no later than 18 October 2018 whether or not is admitted to the course. If admitted to the course, the student will receive a pre-course info indicating further details of the course.
100 euros (for all participants, excluding speakers, and those participants from CMDR COE sponsoring nations).
Other costs (travel, accommodation, meals) are at the expense of the attendees.
Cancellations will be accepted only until 4 weeks before the course begins. After this date we have to charge the course fee.
- LTC Stoyan Stoyanov, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +359 2 92 24718
- Mr. Philip Spаssov, philip.spаssov@cmdrcoe.org, phone: +359 2 92 24737
Info Package is available here.