CMDR ANNUAL CONFERENCE INTERAGENCY INTERACTION IN CRISIS MANAGEMENT AND DISASTER RESPONSE 2016Date: (31-05-2016)
CMDR COE is pleased to announce that its fourth annual conference for Crisis Management and Disaster Response Interagency Interaction will be held from 31st May (Tuesday) to 2nd June 2016 (Thursday) in Sofia. The CMDR COE Conference is open to all NATO and EU Nations and Partners, governmental, non-governmental and international organizations.
The Interagency Interaction in Crisis Management and Disaster Response is a core task that requires common efforts and advanced knowledge to collaborate the skills of many actors – governmental, non-governmental, regional, local etc. Recent events worldwide have once again highlighted the critical need to establish and maintain interagency understanding and interaction in order to perform complex respond and comprehensive approach to crises and disasters nowadays. More than ever, combine efforts need to be widely recognizable, interoperable and affordable. Crisis Management and Disaster Response COE Annual Conference aims to promote ideas in a way that will advance the common understanding as well as gain points of view that might not have been otherwise considered. It is a goodwill venue for all those who work in and around crisis management and disaster response from the civilian and military communities that wish to share opinion and experience, learn from, and meet with interlocutors from around the world.
Three ideas underlie this year conference as clustered in the shape of three plenary sessions.
- Lessons Learned From Disasters Relief And Humanitarian Assistance.
- Consequence Management and the Mitigation of the Natural and Manmade Disasters.
- M&S Support for Crisis and Disaster Management Processes and Climate Change Implications.
Main objectives of the 2016 Conference will be:
- To spread the knowledge concerning Lessons Identified/Lessons Learned in disasters relief and humanitarian assistance, consequence management and the ways of mitigation the effects of the natural and manmade calamities.
- To make the contacts in order to exchange ideas among the members of the crisis management community of interest.
- The researchers from different countries to have the opportunity to present their work and to share experience with other scientists working in the field of Climate change.
- To share data between researchers in different countries, cooperation between research institutes and governmental organisations, the application of hydrological and meteorological research for the planning of disaster prevention activities according implications of Climate change in military operations and disaster occurrence.
The working language will be English and interpretation services to and from other languages will not be provided. No limitation for participants by nation, no security clearance is required (non-classified information will be shared). Conference fee per particicpant 50 euro.
Please note that the deadline for filling up the registration form is May 20, 2016.
Director of the Annual CMDR COE Conference:
- Col Jaroslaw Kubisz, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +359 2 92 24704; +359 88 857 0271
The INVITATION for the Conference you can download from here
Info Package is available here.
Draft Agenda is available here