Crisis Management and Disaster Response Exercise Planners Training Course (NATO SELECTED; NATO ETOC Code: ETE-CM-21785)Date: (23-10-2017)
Duration: 5 days
The Crisis Management and Disaster Response Centre of Excellence (CMDR COE) is organizing and will conduct Crisis Management and Disaster Response Exercise Planners Training Course from 23 to 27 October 2017. The course will be held in English in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Acquisition of knowledge that will help upgrading needed skills of exercise planners to incorporate CMDR in exercise planning.
Military officers (OF-3 to OF-5) and civil experts from state agencies, regional and municipal administration, as well as managers in companies, organizations, and mass media with BD or MD, related to the crisis and emergency management and exercise planning.
- point out Concept, Aim, Objectives, Training Audience, and Responsibilities in support of an illustrative Training/Exercise Specifications (EXSPEC) and integrating Military contribution in Disaster Response and Humanitarian Assistance perspective in exercises.
- summarize fundamental NATO documents related to training and exercise planning in the disaster response and humanitarian assistance domain.
- integrate military contribution in Disaster Response and Humanitarian Assistance through: Planning and MEL/MIL sсripting; Exercise objectives; Conduct and Evaluation.
- to obtain basic knowledge with regard to main concepts, terms, and definitions in CMDR exercises planning area;
- to understand the National & International Crisis Response Interagency Framework;
- demonstrate flexible and adaptive thinking during the exercise planning process according to the latest changes of the security environment;
N/A (Not Required).
This 5-day course comprises of lectures, practical teamwork and student presentations, intended to prepare students to assist and contribute actively in decision making process in response to a crisis defined in a preliminary developed scenario. Improvement in the knowledge of the attendees will be determined through an open-book test.
NATO Unclassified Releasable to Partners.
English (high level of proficiency required).
The English level of the participants should meet the criteria stated in STANAG 6001-2222.
Registration Forms are welcomed no later than 08 September 2017, and preferably before then. The course will not take place with less than 10 participants. The maximum number of participants is 30. Applicants are advised to apply early in order to avoid disappointment.
The applicant will be notified no later than 15 September 2017 whether or not is admitted to the course. If admitted to the course, the student will receive a pre-course info indicating further details of the course.
100 euros (for all participants, excluding speakers, and those participants from CMDR COE sponsoring nations).
Other costs (travel, accommodation, meals) are at the expense of the attendees.
Cancellations will be accepted only until 4 weeks before the course begins. After this date we have to charge the course fee.
- MAJ Stoyan Stoyanov, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +359 2 92 24718
- Mr. Philip Spаssov, philip.spаssov@cmdrcoe.org, phone: +359 2 92 24737
Info Package is available here.