Call for Papers Annual Conference “Interagency Interaction in CMDR” 2018Date: (01-01-2018)
The Crisis Management and Disaster Response Centre of Excellence (CMDR COE) is pleased to announce that the 6th Annual Interagency Interaction in Crisis Management and Disaster Response Conference will take place on 5-6 JUN 2018 in Sofia.
The CMDR COE Annual Conference serves as a platform for information and knowledge exchange and promotes coordination of actions among key stakeholders, both military and civilian, in the CMDR domain. Each year the event addresses specific issues from the latter domain and gathers experts from across NATO Allied and Partner countries. As with previous years, the 2018 Conference has for its purpose to:
- Stir dialogue on potential climate change implications on international security and by extension – to the conduct of operations;
- Discuss future crisis and disaster response operation from a collaborative comprehensive approach perspective;
- Facilitate cooperation between research institutes and governmental and non-governmental organisations;
- Provide participants with the opportunity to share their ideas through the Call for Papers initiative;
- Share Lessons Identified/Lessons Learned on Interagency Interaction in CMDR;
- Foster a Community of Interest in the CMDR domain.
Participants are invited and encouraged to submit papers on a topic relevant to either of the three general panels:
- Climate Change - Security Nexus
- Future Crisis and Disaster Response Operations
- Best practices in support of CMDR decision-making
A selection peer review committee will determine the papers which will be presented at the Conference and further published in the 2018 CMDR COE Proceedings (ISSN 2367-766X). The initial screening will be based on a paper abstract submitted through the online registration form: https://www.cmdrcoe.org/menu.php?m_id=2&c_id=63.
Please note that a publication fee of 35 euro is due upon selection.
Papers must not exceed 20 standard pages (font Arial, 12 pt.; 25000 characters with spaces, including annexes and appendices). Citation shall be done in accordance with the Harvard System of Referencing.
Texts should contain an executive summary in English (up to 200 words) and keywords (no more than 10).
Key selection criteria will be:
- Relevance of the topic discussed;
- Mastery of the topic;
- Depth of knowledge presented;
- Respected technical requirements.
Online registration and abstract submission are due by 15 April 2018, 1600 EET.
Selected candidates will be notified via e-mail by 30 April 2018, 1600 EET and provided further information regarding their presentations.
Audience: Experts and professionals in the field of CMDR
Working language: English (no translation service provided)
Security classification: Non-classified releasable to the public