Crisis Management and Disaster Response Course - (NATO SELECTED; NATO ETOC Code: ETE-CM-21784)Date: (19-03-2018)
Duration: 5 days
The Crisis Management and Disaster Response Centre of Excellence (CMDR COE) is organizing and will conduct NATO Crisis Management Course from 19 to 23 March 2018. The course will be held in English in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Acquisition of basic knowledge to NATO Crisis Management fundamentals, NATO Crisis Response System, and its complementary elements - NATO Crisis Response Process, Civil Emergency Planning, and Operations Planning.
Military officers (OF-3 to OF-5) and/or civil equivalent assigned to NATO HQs and Agencies, NATO and Partner nations′ Ministry of Defence and subordinated HQs, Ministry of Interior, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs which are involved in the NATO crisis management domain.
- describe NATO Crisis Management fundamentals and evolvement;
- understand NATO′s main structures, bodies, and actors in crisis management field;
- depict the main International Organizations and NGOs NATO co-operates with in context of a Comprehensive Approach (CA);
- describe basic elements and characteristics of NATO Crisis Response Process, Civil Emergency Planning, Operations Planning, and NATO Crisis Response Planning in particular.
N/A (Not Required).
This 5-day course comprises of lectures, practical teamwork and student presentations, intended to prepare students to assist and contribute actively in decision making process in response to a crisis defined in a preliminary developed scenario. Improvement in the knowledge of the attendees will be determined through an open-book test.
NATO Unclassified Releasable to Partners.
English (high level of proficiency required).
The English level of the participants should meet the criteria stated in STANAG 6001-3232.
Registration Forms are welcomed no later than 02 February 2018, and preferably before then. The course will not take place with less than 10 participants. The maximum number of participants is 30. Applicants are advised to apply early in order to avoid disappointment.
The applicant will be notified no later than 9 February 2018 whether or not is admitted to the course. If admitted to the course, the student will receive a pre-course info indicating further details of the course.
100 euros (for all participants, excluding speakers, and those participants from CMDR COE sponsoring nations).
Other costs (travel, accommodation, meals) are at the expense of the attendees.
Cancellations will be accepted only until 4 weeks before the course begins. After this date we have to charge the course fee.
- MAJ Stoyan Stoyanov, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +359 2 92 24718
- Mr. Philip Spаssov, philip.spаssov@cmdrcoe.org, phone: +359 2 92 24737
Info Package is available here.