! CANCELLED ! Mobile Education and Training - CMDR COE Gender Focal Point Course (NATO APPROVED; NATO ETOC Code: GEN-GO-25432)Date: (11-03-2020)
Classification: NATO UNCLASSIFIED
Depth of knowledge: Level 200 / 300
IMPORTANT NOTICE: THE METT CMDR COE GFP COURSE SHAPE HAS BEEN CANCELLED. PLEASE VISIT THE CMDR COE WEBSITE FOR REGULAR UPDATES.
The CMDR COE will conduct a mobile iteration of its resident, NATO APPROVED, Gender Focal Point (GFP) Course, which will take place on 11 - 13 MAR 2020 at SHAPE. The course is reserved for GFPs appointed within NATO ACO′s structure.
The CMDR COE is dedicating targeted efforts at supporting NATO’s gender mainstreaming in the crisis management and disaster response domain. In order to institutionalise gender perspectives in every activity, it is necessary to establish a sound and functioning Gender Advisory Structure consisting of dedicated dual-hatted experts. The NATO GFP course, jointly developed by the CMDR COE and the NCGM (NATO Department Head for Gender in Military Operations discipline), is designed to train gender focal points (GFPs) for their role in supporting their respective chain of command′s integration of gender perspectives in every activity.
The CMDR COE GFP Course aims to enable personnel to perform successfully as a GFP within strategic and operational organisations. The course provides the trainees with the GENAD Advisory Structure and the knowledge of how their role as a GFP contributes to larger organisational efforts to institutionalise the integration of gender perspectives in all activities. Course emphasis is on enabling the GFP to support their chain of command in mainstreaming gender perspectives within their own area of responsibility.
- Provide advice on the integration of gender perspectives in all activities within the chain of commands’ / functional area of responsibility.
- Discuss CR-SGBV in relation to chain of commands’ / functional area of responsibility.
- Liaise with external organizations to assist with the implementation of gender perspectives.
- Develop working relationships, within own organization, to assist with the chain of commands’ integration of gender perspectives.
- Maintain functional dialogue with GENAD.
- Maintain a monitoring function.
- Report on data in reports for integration of gender perspectives.
- Contribute to the lessons learned process.
- Online courses (account registration on NATO e-learning platform: https://jadl.act.nato.int is required):
ADL 169 - Improving Operational Effectiveness by Integrating Gender Perspective;
ADL 171 – Gender Focal Point.
- Solid experience within own occupational field;
Trainees are kindly requested to send their course certificates via e-mail to the course POCs by 6 MAR 2020 OR to present them during in-processing. GFP Pilot Course certification is contingent upon receipt of proof for undegoing ADL 169 and ADL 171.
The course consists of interactive lectures, practical tasks, case studies, and a final hands-on task. The study method used is premised on the principles of adult learning so as to allow trainees to be actively internalising and processing new knowledge. Formative and summative assessment will be made on in-class activities and will be monitored by dedicated mentors.
The command of English language should be at a professional level, according to the criteria stated in STANAG 6001- 3-2-3-2 or B2+/C1 in CEFRL.
Participants are expected to attend all course activities as the intense programme does not allow for absences during the course. Late arrivals or early departures cannot be accepted. Certificate for successful completion shall not be awarded in case absences are recorded.
Mandatory online registration should be completed as soon as possible, but no later than 6 MAR 2020.
CMDR COE Online platform
In line with the CMDR COE’s commitment to a cleaner environment, the Centre is limiting hard copy distribution of training materials, therefore, using the Centre′s online platform for information sharing and communication. Access to this platform is granted upon confirmation of participation (automatic e-mail with personal credentials). Login: https://www.cmdrcoe.org/login.php using your account credentials, click on “My courses” and select METT GFP SHAPE course. You are now in the course group and will receive all up-to-date course-related materials, information, and instructions. Trainees are encouraged and expected to regularly consult their accounts.
No course fee for this iteration.
Cancellation of participation is only possible with a 2-week notice prior to the start date of the course. The entire course fee will be charged past the afore-mentioned period.
- Course Director - CIV Gergana VAKLINOVA: email@example.com; +359 2 92 24 741; +359 889 371 898
- OPR – Iliyana IVANOVA, firstname.lastname@example.org, + 359 2 92 24 733
- Executive Officer – CIV Svilena DAROVA, email@example.com, +359 2 92 24 743