Strategic Decision Making for Crisis Response Operations Course - (NATO APPROVED; NATO ETOC Code: ETE-CM-41879)Date: (22-11-2021)
Location: CMDR COE
Duration: 5 days
Classification: NATO UNCLASSIFIED (Releasable to Partners)
Depth of knowledge: Level 400
The CMDR COE NATO APPROVED Strategic Decision Making for Crisis Response Operations (SDMCRO) Course will take place on 22 - 26 November 2021. The course will be conducted on-line by strictly following NATO standards for Education&Training.
Synhronous e-Learning five days course comprases theorethical lessons and supported by practical tasks. The course content will be delivered in the Cisko′s WebEx Teams environment which replicates a normal classrooms with all necessary facilities.
To provide participants with extensive knowledge on NATO Crisis Response on the politico-strategic level within a framework of a Comprehensive Approach to security.
Military officers (OF-3 and higher) and/or civil equivalent assigned to NATO HQs and agencies; NATO Ally and Partner nations′ Ministry of Defence and subordinated HQs; Ministry of Interior, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, dealing with crisis management at a politico-strategic level.
- Support the development of strategic assessment within the context of NATO′s contribution to a Comprehensive Approach (CA);
- Assess key issues, factors, and actors influencing crisis management;
- Identify cooperation opportunities with relevant international stakeholders within the engagement space with the aim of supporting strategic assessment within NATO Crisis Response Planning;
- Assist in SACEUR′s strategic military advice development by performing drafting of strategic assessment, while applying the Comprehensive Operations Planning Directive (COPD).
NATO Crisis Management Fundamentals
The command of English language should be at a professional level, according to the criteria stated in STANAG 6001- 3-2-3-2 or B2+/C1 in CEFRL.
Participants are expected to attend all course activities as the intense programme does not allow for absences during the course. Certificate for successful completion shall not be awarded in case absences are recorded.
Mandatory on-line registration should be completed as soon as possible, but no later than 07 November 2020. The required minimum for course conduct is 10 participants, and the maximum – 20.
The course fee is € 200, excluding speakers, and participants from the CMDR COE Sponsoring nations – the Hellenic Republic and the Republic of Poland.
All incurring costs, such as travel, accommodation and meals, are to be borne by participants.
Cancellation of participation is only possible with a 3-week notice prior to the start date of the course. The entire course fee is due past the afore-mentioned period.
- Course Director: Col. Dimitar Dimitrov, email@example.com, phone: +359 2 92 24703
- OPR: OF-4 Deyan IVANOV; firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: + 359 2 92 24 732