CALL for PAPERS 2016 CMDR ANNUAL CONFERENCE INTERAGENCY INTERACTION IN CRISIS MANAGEMENT AND DISASTER RESPONSEDate: (16-11-2015)
The Interagency Interaction in Crisis Management and Disaster Response is a core task that requires common efforts and advanced knowledge to collaborate the skills of many actors – governmental, non-governmental, regional, local etc. Recent events worldwide have once again highlighted the critical need to establish and maintain interagency understanding and interaction in order to perform complex respond and comprehensive approach to crises and disasters nowadays. More than ever, combine efforts need to be widely recognizable, interoperable and affordable.Crisis Management and Disaster Response COE Annual Conference aims to promote ideas in a way that will advance the common understanding as well as gain points of view that might not have been otherwise considered. It is a goodwill venue for all those who work in and around crisis management and disaster response from the civilian and military communities that wish to share opinion and experience, learn from, and meet with interlocutors from around the world.
Conference 2016 will be held on the 31 May – 2 June in Sofia, Bulgaria.The CMDR COE Conference is open to all NATO and EU Nations and Partners, governmental, non-governmental and international organizations.
Do you have a paper you could present to the international community? Has your organization introduced an idea that has changed the way things are done? If so, why not attend the CMDR COE Annual Conference`2016 as a speaker and deliver a briefing alongside the other colleagues? The Conference will consist of 3 panels as follow:
- Lessons Learned From Disasters Relief And Humanitarian Assistance.
- Consequence Management and the Mitigation of the Natural and Manmade Disasters.
- M&S Support for Crisis and Disaster Management Processes and Climate Change Implications
Main objectives of the 2016 Conference will be:
- To spread the knowledge concerning Lessons Identified/Lessons Learned in disasters relief and humanitarian assistance, consequence management and the ways of mitigation the effects of the natural and manmade calamities.
- To make the contacts in order to exchange ideas among the members of the crisis management community of interest.
- The researchers from different countries to have the opportunity to present their work and to share experience with other scientists working in the field of Climate change.
- To share data between researchers in different countries, cooperation between research institutes and governmental organisations, the application of hydrological and meteorological research for the planning of disaster prevention activities according implications of Climate change in military operations and disaster occurrence.
If you are interested in speaking, please contact the Conference director, Colonel Jaroslaw Kubisz on +359 2 92 24704; 359 88 857 0271 or e-mail email@example.com
The working language will be English and interpretation services to and from other languages will not be provided. No limitation for participants by nation, no security clearance is required (non-classified information will be shared). CMDR COE will provide more detailed information additionally in due course.The Conference 2016 proceedings will be published in the CMDR COE Proceedings: - ISSN 2367-766X. For more Information about the book series visit website: http://www.cmdrcoe.orgArticles will be published after a peer review by the Editorial team of CMDR COE.
The peer review procedure is carried out only if the materials are relevant to the topic of an upcoming issue of the Proceeding announced at www.cmdrcoe.org.Key criteria for evaluating the quality of the articles are:
• importance of the issue, treated by the author;
• writing style (Arial, 12 pt) – scientific level and mastery of the issues. Materials shall be sent in electronic form to the CMDR COE address (1606 Sofia, 34A Totleben Blvd., • Shipka hotel, floor 2) or by e-mail.
• Detailed information about CMDR COE Publishing Requirements can be seen HERE
In addition enclosure name, email, institutional address and brief Curriculum Vitae of the author (academic degree, position, monographs, important papers, scientific interests, etc.) in English.
Abstract (approx. 200-300 words) of presentation in the CMDR COE Annual Conference is needed.
Submission Closed: April 15, 2016
The paper fee of 35 euros for inclusion in the CMDR COE Proceedings`2016 should be paid.
Methods of payment:
In cash - during the CMDR COE Annual Conference
Bank name: UniCreditBulbank
Account number: (IBAN): BG45UNCR70001522070686
SWIFT / BIC / BLZ / ABA routing number: UNCRBGSF
Account name: Crisis Management and Disaster Response Center of Excellence
Deadline for receiving full presentations (papers): May 20, 2016
POC: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com